Charities to support
- American Civil Liberties Union
- Provides legal assistance in cases in which civil liberties are at risk.
- Consists of two separate but closely linked nonprofits: the ACLU and ACLU Foundation.
- Donations to the ACLU, a 501(c)4, go toward lobbying and litigation.
- The Southern Poverty Law Center
- Has brought suits in defense of the civil rights of minorities, prisoners, and the LGBT community, among others.
- The Trevor Project
- a 501(c)3 organization that focuses on suicide prevention amond members of the LGBTQ community
- Operates the "Trevor Lifeline" as a confidential call-in service with trained counselors.